The business attorneys at Fleeson and Gooing represent companies of all sizes from small start-ups to established corporations. We provide legal representation and counsel on a broad array of issues related to business, taxation, and entrepreneurial undertakings.
Fleeson Gooing devotes a large portion of our practice to corporate and business clients. Our business lawyers have counseled many organizations, including businesses and institutions that have greatly influenced Wichita’s economic development.
We provide quality legal representation for:
- Limited partnerships
- Joint ventures
- Limited liability companies (LLCs)
- Private foundations
Business law often requires knowledge in related practice areas, such as tax law, litigation, employment law, banking, succession planning, intellectual property, and increasingly, technology. As a full-service law firm, Fleeson Gooing can call on a deep bench of skilled attorneys to handle any legal matter, no matter how complex.
Our business law services include:
- Issues related to business formation, operation, and liquidation
- Startups, LLC formation, partnerships, incorporation
- Contracts and contract negotiations
- Acquisition and disposition of assets and stock
- Agreements for licensing, distribution, franchise
- Buy-and-sell agreements
- Uniform Commercial Code contracts
- Business tax planning, appeals, and litigation
- Corporate compliance measures
- Employment law matters
- Technology and intellectual property licensing
- Commercial and corporate litigation
- and more
Corporate and Commercial Litigation
We believe our success as a firm is attributable to our skill in complex disputes that don’t have simple resolutions. This is most evident in our corporate and commercial litigation practice, in which we are often involved in matters requiring strength and staying power which many firms do not possess. We can organize and dedicate a team with an appropriate mix of skills and experience to such litigation.
Find out more about that part of our legal practice here.
Business Law Services for Startups
Fleeson Gooing has counseled some of Wichita’s most influential businesses, and we want nothing more than to see our community continue to thrive. This is an exciting time to build a business in Wichita. Our business law group excels at helping entrepreneurs get their startups set up for success, with all the legal boxes checked.
We provide business law services and advice for startups, including:
- Business planning and viability
- Business formation (LLCs, partnerships, joint ventures, corporations)
- Liability planning and mitigation strategies
- Tax planning
- Leases and contracts
- Hiring and employment
- Regulation and legal obligations
- Patents, copyrights, and trademarks
This article has good information on how an attorney can help you start your Kansas business.
Wichita Tech and Startup Events
Fleeson Gooing is proud to support the growth of the technology and startup communities in the Wichita area. They’re key to creating good, high paying jobs and continuing the entrepreneurial resurgence that’s made Wichita a great place to live, work and grow. We sponsor regular tech and startup learning events and mixers to bring people and ideas together. Follow our News page for the latest events.
Law Services for Family Businesses
Family-owned businesses have the same legal needs as other companies, with the added complexities of business succession and estate planning. These, quite understandably, often come with strong emotions. Fleeson Gooing attorneys who specialize in this area handle these complexities with expertise and discretion.
We provide law services and advice for family businesses, including:
- Business formation, including family limited partnerships and joint ventures
- Business succession planning
- Tax and estate planning
- Financial planning
- Loan agreements
- Valuations and buyouts