Ron Campbell and Charles Millsap recently authored chapters in the Kansas Bar Association’s handbook, Kansas Construction Law, Second Edition. Mr. Campbell’s chapter is entitled “Prompt Payment Acts” and discusses federal court and state laws that provide for timely payment to those persons involved in construction work, as well as the 2005 Kansas Fairness in Private Construction Act. Mr. Millsap’s chapter is entitled “Public Bonds.” This chapter reviews federal and state legislation that protects those who provide labor or material for the construction of public projects and who are deprived of the payment protection normally afforded by state mechanics’ lien laws.
- Concurrent Causation Doctrine: What Does it Mean for Your Insurance Coverage?
- Five Fleeson Gooing Attorneys Named “Lawyer of the Year”
- Seventeen Fleeson Gooing Attorneys Named in Best Lawyers Publication
- Bill Townsley Represents Firm at Washburn Law School Dedication
- Megan Townsley Receives Outstanding Young Lawyer Award